Re: [Idr] New Version Notification for draft-wang-idr-rd-orf-03.txt

Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn> Fri, 28 August 2020 11:31 UTC

From: Aijun Wang <wangaijun@tsinghua.org.cn>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 19:31:38 +0800
Cc: Robert Raszuk <robert@raszuk.net>, idr <idr@ietf.org>
To: "Fomin, Sergey (Nokia - US/Mountain View)" <sergey.fomin@nokia.com>
Subject: Re: [Idr] New Version Notification for draft-wang-idr-rd-orf-03.txt

Hi, Sergey:
The main purpose of this draft is to prevent the overwhelmed VRF in one PE influence the communications of other VRFs in the same PE.
The PE should do the analysis work in advance continuously. Once one of its VRF is overflow, it should find the source of the overwhelming VPN routes immediately, build and send upstream the RD-ORF message.
The following BGP updates that match this RD-ORF filter will not be received by the PE then.
This PE can still receive the BGP updates for other VPNs or the same VPN but from different RD/Source Router.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom