Subject: [Idr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-idr-5g-edge-service-metadata-30.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2025 17:07:16 -0700
List-Id: Inter-Domain Routing <idr.ietf.org>

Internet-Draft draft-ietf-idr-5g-edge-service-metadata-30.txt is now
available. It is a work item of the Inter-Domain Routing (IDR) WG of the IETF.

   Title:   BGP Extension for 5G Edge Service Metadata
   Authors: Linda Dunbar
            Kausik Majumdar
            Cheng Li
            Gyan Mishra
            Zongpeng Du
   Name:    draft-ietf-idr-5g-edge-service-metadata-30.txt
   Pages:   37
   Dates:   2025-09-18

Abstract:

   This draft describes a new Edge Metadata Path Attribute and some Sub-
   TLVs for egress routers to advertise the Edge Metadata about the
   attached edge services (ES).  The edge service Metadata can be used
   by the ingress routers in the 5G Local Data Network to make path
   selections not only based on the routing cost but also the running
   environment of the edge services.  The goal is to improve latency and
   performance for 5G edge services.

   The extension enables an edge service at one specific location to be
   more preferred than the others with the same IP address (ANYCAST) to
   receive data flow from a specific source, like a specific User
   Equipment (UE).

The IETF datatracker status page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-5g-edge-service-metadata/

There is also an HTMLized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-5g-edge-service-metadata-30

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-5g-edge-service-metadata-30

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at:
rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts