Re: [Idr] Éric Vyncke's Discuss on draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-19: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com> Thu, 05 November 2020 22:33 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: "'Eric Vyncke (evyncke)'" <evyncke@cisco.com>, 'Christoph Loibl' <c@tix.at>
Cc: draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6@ietf.org, idr@ietf.org, idr-chairs@ietf.org, 'The IESG' <iesg@ietf.org>, 'Donald Eastlake' <d3e3e3@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2020 17:33:46 -0500
Subject: Re: [Idr] Éric Vyncke's Discuss on draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6-19: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

Eric:

The WG is going undertake a second generation flow specification that provides another encoding for the flow specifications for v4 and v6.   These specifications will be developed together in one document.  The initial discussions on the second generation have been going on for 2 years.

As a WG chair, John and I wanted to stabilize the error fixes current version called for by operators (RFC5575bis, draft-ietf-idr-flow-spec-v6, and draft-ietf-idr-bgp-flowspec-oid-12) prior to launching into the second version.

Donald Eastlake has a wonderful review, and we will address these things within a week.  The author team prioritized security and your concerns above these for this Thursday.

Susan Hare s