Re: [Idr] draft-dickson-idr-second-best-backup-02

Robert Raszuk <raszuk@juniper.net> Tue, 18 March 2008 16:59 UTC

Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:53:08 -0700
From: Robert Raszuk <raszuk@juniper.net>
To: Brian Dickson <briand@ca.afilias.info>
Cc: idr <idr@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Idr] draft-dickson-idr-second-best-backup-02
Sender: idr-bounces@ietf.org

Hi Brian,

 > What my draft covers, is strictly a superset, not a subset, of what
 > walton-draft covered.

I am afraid what your draft talks about is not only subset of what
draft-walton including "incorporated work" has already described, but
your draft proposes to send additional single path in a new attribute
which is actually a step back.

The value of your draft could be in the modeled behavior analysis.

I agree with Enke that if you have some suggestions to draft-walton you
should send them to the authors or to the idr list rather then "use of
their draft" and issue a new version of draft-dickson-idr-second-best-backup

Cheers,
R.