Re: [Idr] WG adoption call - draft-li-idr-flowspec-srv6-05,txt

Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com> Fri, 30 July 2021 13:50 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: "'Ketan Talaulikar (ketant)'" <ketant@cisco.com>, idr@ietf.org, draft-li-idr-flowspec-srv6@ietf.org
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 09:50:21 -0400
Subject: Re: [Idr] WG adoption call - draft-li-idr-flowspec-srv6-05,txt

Ketan:

[WG chair hat on]

The IDR chairs determined after the June 7th interim discussion on Flow
specification options, that the WG desired only DDoS usage cases to be
standardized in v1.   For notes on the interim, see

the https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/.

Therefore, the full draft status indicates which  current IDR drafts are
classified for v1 encoding and which drafts are classified for v2 encoding.

https://trac.ietf.org/trac/idr/wiki/idr-draft-status

The proposal for flowspec-v2 main draft has author these drafts pushed to
flow-specification v2. We are looking to start a WG adoption call in
September for the base draft.

The existing IDR drafts listed for flow-specification v1 are:

a) draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-redirect-ip-02.txt,

b) draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-path-redirect, and

c) draft-ietf-idr-flowspec-interfaceset.

Anyone wishing to provide a v1 flow specification draft,

must carefully address the use case and acknowledge

the flow-specification v1 ordering issues in the draft.

 [WG hat off]

[Individual contributor hat on]

Jeff Haas provided several options for alternatives to v1

to solve the term ordering problems and TLV encodings.

The WG did not adopt these issues.

Based on Jeff's work, the flow specification v2 issues

on TLV and capability issues are well-known.

I hope we can adopt a v2 specification in September

and get rapid development of flow-specification v2

implementations.

Cheers, Sue