Re: [Idr] Thoughts on https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-hares-idr-bgp-registries-01.txt

"Susan Hares" <shares@ndzh.com> Tue, 21 March 2017 16:26 UTC

From: Susan Hares <shares@ndzh.com>
To: 'Robert Raszuk' <robert@raszuk.net>, 'Eric C Rosen' <erosen@juniper.net>
Cc: 'idr wg' <idr@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 12:04:56 -0400
Subject: Re: [Idr] Thoughts on https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-hares-idr-bgp-registries-01.txt

Robert:

Please see my post to Eric responding to politics and delay.

What you are describing is a FCFS.  Rather than a wiki, why not IANA?  IANA can provide and maintains these numbers.  IANA’s response time on FCFS allocations is quick.   If you believe a FCFS is appropriate for BGP attributes and AFI/SAFs,  I encourage you to write a draft on that topic.

Sue