Re: WNILS archive

Joan Gargano <jcgargano@ucdavis.edu> Fri, 15 July 1994 17:35 UTC

Date: Fri, 15 Jul 1994 10:31:57 -0700
To: ietf-wnils@ucdavis.edu
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: Joan Gargano <jcgargano@ucdavis.edu>
Subject: Re: WNILS archive
Cc: davids@std.sri.com

At 06:00 PM 7/15/94 +0200, Rickard Schoultz wrote:

>Joan wrote:
>> At 11:56 PM 7/14/94 +0200, Rickard Schoultz wrote:
>>>Does anyone have an archive of this list lying around? The
>>>ucdavis.edu:~/archive/wnils file seems to be lost.
>
>> ftp://ftp.ucdavis.edu/archive/wnils-archive/wnils
>
>There is a file there, but that is not the wnils archive.

My apologies.  I don't know what happened to it.  I checked it just a while
ago in response to a message and verified its contents.  Obviously it was
overwritten at some point.

I have reconstructed the archive from two files I had but it is missing some
messages.  The archive currently includes messages from Oct 1, 1992 - April
16, 1993 and January 11 1994 to present.  I can restore the middle chunk,
but it would be a big help if someone can make it available for anonymous
ftp and I will just insert it.

Thanks for your help and again my apologies.

Joan Gargano
Distributed Computing Analysis and Support
Information Technology - University of California, Davis
I know of no safe repository of the ultimate power of society but
the people.  And if we think them not enlightened enough, the remedy
is not to take power from them, but to inform them by education.
       Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826) in 1820