RE: [Ieprep] Re: WG Review: Recharter ofInternet Emergency Prepar edness (ieprep)

Janet P Gunn <jgunn6@csc.com> Mon, 06 November 2006 22:58 UTC

Subject: RE: [Ieprep] Re: WG Review: Recharter ofInternet Emergency Prepar edness (ieprep)
To: "King, Kimberly S." <KIMBERLY.S.KING@saic.com>
From: Janet P Gunn <jgunn6@csc.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:50:20 -0500
Cc: 'Sam Hartman ' <hartmans-ietf@mit.edu>, "'ietf@ietf.org '" <ietf@ietf.org>, "'ieprep@ietf.org '" <ieprep@ietf.org>, 'Scott Bradner ' <sob@harvard.edu>

Two non-US governments are participating in the Industry Requirements (IR)
effort addressing the migration of (G)ETS  from circuit switched networks
to Core IP networks.  It is anticipated that this IR effort will feed into
standards- identifying new needs.  Some of these needs will feed into
ATIS/ITU, but others will feed into IETF.

In addition, the vendors and carriers are somewhat segmented.  Some of them
are primarily active in ATIS/ITU.  Others are primarily active in 3GPP or
3GPP2.  There is no one SDO that can be the home to  ALL the ETS work.

Janet

KIMBERLY.S.KING@saic.com wrote on 11/06/2006 05:31:59 PM:

> Martin said, "ETS Service Definition requirements are appropriate for
ATIS.
> Side note: my focus is on the ETS service. All of the major players
> (vendors, service providers, contractors,  and most importantly
> CUSTOMER), attend and participate in the ATIS work."
>
> ATIS is a US National standards group, not an international one and thus
> does not cover the ieprep, as a whole, "customer base".  The groups
> requiring ieprep functionality include the NCS (your CUSTOMER) but also
US