Re: [Ieprep] Re: Discussion of Internet-Draft for SMTP priorities

Janet P Gunn <jgunn6@csc.com> Tue, 13 June 2006 14:40 UTC

Subject: Re: [Ieprep] Re: Discussion of Internet-Draft for SMTP priorities
To: John Rosenberg <jrrosenberg@lucent.com>
From: Janet P Gunn <jgunn6@csc.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:40:37 -0400
Cc: ieprep@ietf.org

Yes, you are right, I forgot about that.

 I will refine my statement.

RFC 4412 lists "4,3,2,1,0" as the "lowest to highest" ordering for q375,
ets, and wps.
q375 is, effectively, a form of MLPP.
RFC 4412 lists text, rather than numeric values, for dsn and dsrn.
eMLPP uses "4,3,2,1,0,B,A" as the "lowest to highest"

So I think we need to have FLEXIBILITY in the ordering of the priority
levels.

Janet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for such purpose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

             John Rosenberg
             <jrrosenberg@luce
             nt.com>                                                    To
                                       ieprep@ietf.org
             06/13/2006 10:15                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject

At 11:51 PM 6/12/2006, Janet Gunn wrote:

 >Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:07:22 -0400
 >From: Janet P Gunn <jgunn6@csc.com>
 >
 >Current implementations of  MLPP, eMLPP, WPS, and RPH use 0 to represent
 >the high priority group, with 1.2.3.4, etc representing successively
lower
 >priorities.  What is the rationale for turning this upside down and using
0
 >to represent "non-priority"?

The current DISA specification for MLPP on VoIP networks specifies RPH
r-priority values of 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9 in ascending order of priority (e.g.
0 = Routine and 9 = F-O-O).

John Rosenberg