Reminder: chat service trials

Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com> Thu, 25 February 2021 18:37 UTC

From: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
To: ietf-announce@ietf.org
Subject: Reminder: chat service trials
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 12:37:37 -0600

As noted below, we are continuing with the chat services trial through
IETF 110.

If you have been using a chat service other than xmpp at, for instance,
interim meetings, please share your experiences at tools-discuss@ietf.org

We would like to see more discussion of these questions:

* Is providing local jabber accounts and a web interface to jabber
sufficient to address the access issues encountered in the past?

* Are there features that matrix or zulip provide that are truly helpful
for progressing IETF work? If so, please describe how they are helping.

Please explore the services during IETF 110. We anticipate taking them
down and making a decision about what we will support in the long run
shortly after.

RjS