Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-for-lisp-05.txt> (PIM Join Attributes for LISP Environments) to Experimental RFC
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Mike McBride <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 15:21:47 -0700
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

The IESG has received a request from the Protocols for IP Multicast WG
(pim) to consider the following document:
- 'PIM Join Attributes for LISP Environments'
  <draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-for-lisp-05.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines two PIM Join/Prune attributes that support the
   construction of multicast distribution trees where the root and
   receivers are located in different LISP sites.  These attributes
   allow the receiver site to select between unicast and multicast
   underlay transport and to convey the receiver ETR's RLOC address to
   the control plane of the root ITR.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-for-lisp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pim-join-attributes-for-lisp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.