Subject: Protocol Action: Stateless IP/ICMP Translation for IPv6 Internet Data Center Environments (SIIT-DC): Dual Translation Mode to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: The IESG <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2026 12:29:36 -0800
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

The IESG has approved changing the status of the following document:
- Stateless IP/ICMP Translation for IPv6 Internet Data Center Environments
(SIIT-DC): Dual Translation Mode
  (rfc7756) to Proposed Standard

This document action is documented at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/status-change-siit-dc-to-proposed-standard/

A URL of the affected document is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc7756/

Status Change Details:

SIIT-DC (RFC7755) and SIIT-DC Dual Translation Mode (RFC7756) specify
extensions to the Stateless IP/ICMP Translation Algorithm (SIIT) to
accommodate DC deployment contexts, in particular. These two RFCs specify the
behavior of two elements (SIIT-DC Border Relay (BR), SIIT-DC Edge Relay
(ER)). The specifications not only provide operational guidance, but also
specify normative implementation functions that are essential to ensure
interoperability and deterministic behavior, so that IP communications are
successfully established.

The SIIT extensions specified in RFC7755 and RFC7756 are widely accepted,
implemented [1][2], and deployed. Thus, operational experience supports this
reclassification from Informational to Proposed Standard.

Consistent with its Charter [3], V6OPS WG requests the reclassification of
these two RFCs to Proposed Standard.

[1] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-palet-v6ops-siit-dc-st/

[2] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-palet-v6ops-siit-dc-dtm-st/

[3] https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/v6ops/about/

Personnel

   Mohamed Boucadair is the responsible Area Director.