Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ntp-over-ptp-05.txt> (NTP Over PTP) to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2025 08:52:14 -0700
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

The IESG has received a request from the Network Time Protocols WG (ntp) to
consider the following document: - 'NTP Over PTP'
  <draft-ietf-ntp-over-ptp-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2025-09-24. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a transport for the client-server and
   symmetric modes of the Network Time Protocol (NTP) which encapsulates
   NTP messages in messages of the Precision Time Protocol (PTP).  This
   transport enables hardware timestamping in network interface
   controllers which can timestamp only PTP messages and enables delay
   corrections in PTP transparent clocks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-over-ptp/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.