Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsawg-pcaplinktype-11.txt> (Link-Layer Types for PCAP-related Capture File Formats) to Informational RFC
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2025 17:39:09 -0700
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

The IESG has received a request from the Operations and Management Area
Working Group WG (opsawg) to consider the following document: - 'Link-Layer
Types for PCAP-related Capture File Formats'
  <draft-ietf-opsawg-pcaplinktype-11.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2025-10-06. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a set of PCAP-related LinkType values and
   creates an IANA registry for those values.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-opsawg-pcaplinktype/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.