Update on current round of RFPs

IETF Administration LLC Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org> Thu, 14 November 2019 21:37 UTC

From: IETF Administration LLC Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org>
To: IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
Subject: Update on current round of RFPs
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 13:37:06 -0800

In advance of IETF 106 Singapore, the IETF Administration LLC thought it would useful to explain where we are with the current round of RFPs.  You will note that I have taken the unusual step of naming one of the preferred bidders before the contract is signed, with their permission, in order to provide assurance about the ongoing continuity of those services.

1.  IETF Secretariat, including Meeting Services, Clerical Support Services, IT Support Services and CPA Financial Services
The RFP [1] was issued on 24 June 2019 and has now closed.
- The CPA Financial Services component has been awarded as previously announced [2].
- For the remaining components we hope to award a single contract to our preferred bidder, Association Management Solutions (AMS) [3], when final negotiations are complete.

2. IETF Tools Support, including Tools Maintenance, YANG Catalog Maintenance, Minor Tools Enhancements
The RFP [4] was issued on 30 August 2019 and has now closed.
- For Tools Maintenance we have agreed major terms with our preferred bidder and hope to award the contract soon.
- For YANG Catalog Maintenance we are in negotiation with our preferred bidder.
- For Minor Tools Enhancements we have agreed major terms with our preferred bidder and hope to award the contract soon.

3.  Automatic Schedule Builder
The RFP [5] was issued on 13 September 2019 and has now closed.
- This contract has been awarded as previously announced [6].

4. IETF Security Review and Remediation of the RFC Production Center Web Accessible Code
The RFP [7] was issued on 27 September 2019 and has now closed.
- This RFP did not result in an award and will be reviewed and reissued in due course.

5.  IETF Temporary RFC Series Project Manager
The RFP [8] was issued on 4 October 2019 and has now closed.
- The bids are currently being evaluated.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have questions.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/media/documents/IETF-FINAL-Secretariat-RFP-2019_June_24_2019.pdf
[2] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ietf-announce/ot4NEDPMilvYKRfdtAhkE4c1A6I
[3] https://www.amsl.com
[4] https://www.ietf.org/media/documents/IETF_Tools_Support_RFP.docx.pdf