Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-dilithium-certificates-09.txt> (Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure - Algorithm Identifiers for the Module-Lattice-Based Digital Signature Algorithm (ML-DSA)) to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 May 2025 10:50:14 -0700
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: - 'Internet
X.509 Public Key Infrastructure - Algorithm Identifiers for
   the Module-Lattice-Based Digital Signature Algorithm (ML-DSA)'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-dilithium-certificates-09.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2025-05-21. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Digital signatures are used within X.509 certificates, Certificate
   Revocation Lists (CRLs), and to sign messages.  This document
   describes the conventions for using FIPS 204, the Module-Lattice-
   Based Digital Signature Algorithm (ML-DSA) in Internet X.509
   certificates and certificate revocation lists.  The conventions for
   the associated signatures, subject public keys, and private key are
   also described.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-dilithium-certificates/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.