Subject: RFC 9963 on Legacy RSASSA-PKCS1-v1_5 Code Points for TLS 1.3
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2026 16:29:36 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9963

        Title:      Legacy RSASSA-PKCS1-v1_5 Code Points for TLS 1.3 
        Author:     D. Benjamin,
                    A. Popov
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2026
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-tls13-pkcs1-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9963

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9963

This document allocates code points for the use of RSASSA-PKCS1-v1_5
with client certificates in TLS 1.3. This removes an obstacle for
some deployments to migrate to TLS 1.3.

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team