Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-scheme-reg-04.txt> (Guidelines and Registration Procedures for URI Schemes) to Best Current Practice
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 12:05:18 -0800
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'Guidelines and Registration Procedures for URI Schemes'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-scheme-reg-04.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-03-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates the guidelines and recommendations, as well as
   the IANA registration processes, for the definition of Uniform
   Resource Identifier (URI) schemes.  It obsoletes RFC 4395.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-scheme-reg/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-uri-scheme-reg/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.