Subject: Results of IETF-conflict review for draft-williams-exp-tcp-host-id-opt-07
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "Nevil Brownlee" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], The IESG <[email-masked]>, IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 15:13:33 -0800
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

The IESG has completed a review of draft-williams-exp-tcp-host-id-opt-07
consistent with RFC5742.

The IESG recommends that 'Experimental Option for TCP Host
Identification' <draft-williams-exp-tcp-host-id-opt-07.txt> NOT be
published as an Experimental RFC.

The IESG has concluded that this document violates IETF procedures about
pervasive monitoring (RFC 7258) and should therefore not be published
without IETF review and IESG approval. This work is related to IETF work
done in the INTAREA WG.

The IESG would also like the Independent Submissions Editor to review the
comments in the datatracker related to this document and determine
whether or not they merit incorporation into the document. Comments may
exist in both the ballot and the history log.

The IESG review is documented at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/conflict-review-williams-exp-tcp-host-id-opt/

A URL of the reviewed Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-williams-exp-tcp-host-id-opt/

The process for such documents is described at
https://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html 

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary