Subject: RFC 9557 on Date and Time on the Internet: Timestamps with Additional Information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2024 09:46:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9557

        Title:      Date and Time on the Internet: 
                    Timestamps with Additional Information 
        Author:     U. Sharma,
                    C. Bormann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2024
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Updates:    RFC 3339

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sedate-datetime-extended-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9557

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9557

This document defines an extension to the timestamp format defined in
RFC 3339 for representing additional information, including a time
zone.

It updates RFC 3339 in the specific interpretation of the local
offset , which is no longer understood to "imply that UTC is the
preferred reference point for the specified time".

This document is a product of the Serialising Extended Data About Times and Events Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC