Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-tls12-frozen-06.txt> (TLS 1.2 is in Feature Freeze) to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2025 13:31:36 -0800
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG (tls) to
consider the following document: - 'TLS 1.2 is in Feature Freeze'
  <draft-ietf-tls-tls12-frozen-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2025-02-25. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Use of TLS 1.3 is growing and fixes some known deficiencies in TLS
   1.2.  This document specifies that outside of urgent security fixes,
   new TLS Exporter Labels, or new Application-Layer Protocol
   Negotiation (ALPN) Protocol IDs, no changes will be approved for TLS
   1.2.  This prescription does not pertain to DTLS (in any DTLS
   version); it pertains to TLS only.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-tls12-frozen/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-tls-rfc8447bis: IANA Registry Updates for TLS and DTLS (None - Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) stream)