Draft submission deadlines change

IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org> Wed, 03 July 2013 05:17 UTC

From: IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org>
To: IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
Subject: Draft submission deadlines change
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 22:17:01 -0700

Please note that for IETF 87, there is only one deadline for draft submission: Monday 15th July. Previously, there had been two different deadlines, one for -00 and another one for other versions. The IESG has decided to experiment with just one deadline for now to simplify the set of deadlines and enable easier submission of new drafts. While we realise that the change comes near the deadline, we hope that you find the extra time useful.

But please do note that working group chairs will continue to make smart decisions about what topics are worthwhile for discussing in a session in the upcoming meeting, and will also set their agendas in a timely manner and create deadlines for their working groups that must be adhered to. The earlier new drafts are submitted, the more time there is to talk about them on the mailing lists and consider them for the session agendas. This is particularly important for BoFs.

Jari Arkko for the IESG