IAB report to the community for IETF 116

IAB Chair <iab-chair@iab.org> Fri, 24 March 2023 03:33 UTC

From: IAB Chair <iab-chair@iab.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2023 04:33:30 +0100
Subject: IAB report to the community for IETF 116
To: IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce@ietf.org>

Dear Colleagues,

the IAB has uploaded its report for the IETF-116 meeting to the proceedings in the datatracker. To access the full report, please see here:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/116/materials/slides-116-ietf-sessb-iab-report-to-the-community-for-ietf-116-00

In addition, I would like to highlight some recent/on-going/up-coming activities:

New workshop reports for M-TEN and e-impact
------------
The IAB held end of last year two workshops and the initial version of the reports for both workshops has recently been published as drafts:
Report from the IAB workshop on Management Techniques in Encrypted Networks (M-TEN): https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-m-ten-workshop/
Report from the IAB Workshop on Environmental Impact of Internet Applications and Systems, 2022: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-ws-environmental-impacts-report/

We will also present a report from the e-impact workshop in the IAB Open meeting on Thursday, March 30, Session III, 15:00-16:00 in room G401-G402. Please come and join us!

Liaison Coordination Office Hours - Thu 11:30-13:00 JST IAB Office
------------
The IAB liaison coordinators will hold office hours on Thursday, March 30, during the lunch break 11:30-13:00 JST in the IAB Office (G318). We are offering this for the first time in order to give liaison managers as well as the community an opportunity to discuss any liaison management related question with us. Please come and join if you have any questions or concerns to discuss!

IAB Comments
------------
The IAB has recently submitted multiple comments as input to public requests for feedback, e.g.
IAB Responds to Call for Input on “The relationship between human rights and technical standard-setting processes for new and emerging digital technologies”:
https://www.iab.org/2023/03/03/iab-responds-to-call-for-input-on-the-relationship-between-human-rights-and-technical-standard-setting-processes-for-new-and-emerging-digital-technologies/
IAB Comments on a notice by the Federal Trade Commission on “Trade Regulation Rule on Commercial Surveillance and Data Security” (16 CFR Part 464):
https://www.iab.org/2022/11/21/iab-comments-on-a-notice-by-the-federal-trade-commission-on-trade-regulation-rule-on-commercial-surveillance-and-data-security-16-cfr-part-464/
More generally, the IAB observes increased attention by regulators and policymakers to Internet-related topics due to the growing importance of the Internet. The IAB is working closely with ISOC and supports their efforts by submitting our own statements directly from the IAB in cases where we see a potentially high importance and potential impact on the Internet architecture.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the report or anything else, please send a mail to iab@iab.org <mailto:iab@iab.org>. Or feel free to also just send me an email directly!

Hope to see you all at IETF-116 either in person or online, at the IAB Open on Thursday, or in the hallways and sessions!

Best regards,
Mirja Kühlewind
IAB Chair
On behalf of the IAB