Subject: Datatracker Meeting Application Improvements RFP
From: IETF Administration LLC Executive Director <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF Announcement List" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 11:52:33 -0800
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

The IETF Administration LLC is seeking proposals for the Datatracker Meeting Application Improvements.  
The RFP and SOW are located here: https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/llc-board/rfps/

Please note the following timeline:
28 Feb: RFP Issued
06 Mar: Questions and Inquiries deadline
08 Mar: Answers to questions issued, RFP Addenda and Update issued
15 Mar: Proposals due
29 Mar: Selection made, negotiations begin
02 Apr: Contract execution
08 Apr: Work begins

Overview: 
Eight areas of improvement to the parts of the IETF Datatracker that assist with building and displaying
the IETF meeting agendas have been identified. Implementing these improvements will require some redesign 
and extension of the models in the meeting application and significant work on the views, particularly the 
primary schedule building view. The project will include minor yet pervasive changes to the conceptual models 
used by the application. The contractor shall work with the Tools Team on each deliverable by engaging in 
design change discussions, helping to identify and prioritize areas of highest implementation risk, prototyping 
changes for review with the IETF Secretariat staff as necessary, and completing the implementation of each 
deliverable. It is expected that the contractor will frequently commit deployable units working towards 
the deliverables. These may be part of several production releases over the duration of the project. 
The contractor shall provide automated tests to exercise the new functionality in all changed and added code. 
In particular, javascript created or modified as part of this project will come with automated tests 
(the current automated test coverage of the project’s javascript is poor). 

The contractor shall follow the instructions at
https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/ContractorInstructions?version=26.
This document refers to several existing Datatracker tickets as #nnnn. 
These can be found at https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/nnnn.

Additionally, bidders for the Datatracker Meeting Application Improvements also have the option to be 
considered as a qualified software vendor for Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) Master 
Services Agreement (MSA) purposes.  IDIQ software vendors will be eligible for future software development 
projects to improve and expand to the existing IETF toolset, which has been substantially developed in Python 
using the Django framework.

Please reply with questions, if any, and a bid if you are interested in pursuing this opportunity 
to [email-masked]. 

Thanks in advance.

Portia Wenze-Danley