Subject: Last Call: <draft-housley-ers-asn1-modules-02.txt> (New ASN.1 Modules for the Evidence Record Syntax (ERS)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2021 20:05:55 -0700

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the
following document: - 'New ASN.1 Modules for the Evidence Record Syntax (ERS)'
  <draft-housley-ers-asn1-modules-02.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-08-13 Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Evidence Record Syntax (ERS) and the conventions for including
   these evidence record in the Server-based Certificate Validation
   Protocol (SCVP) are expressed using ASN.1.  This document offers
   alternate ASN.1 modules that conform to the 2002 version of ASN.1 and
   employ the conventions adopted in RFC 5911, RFC 5912, and RFC 6268.
   There are no bits-on-the-wire changes to any of the formats; this is
   simply a change to the ASN.1 syntax.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-housley-ers-asn1-modules/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.