Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-ntp-update-registries-08.txt> (Updating the NTP Registries) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:36:52 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Network Time Protocols WG (ntp) to
consider the following document: - 'Updating the NTP Registries'
  <draft-ietf-ntp-update-registries-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2023-07-07. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Network Time Protocol (NTP) and Network Time Security (NTS)
   documents define a number of assigned number registries, collectively
   called the NTP registries.  Some registries have wrong values, some
   registries do not follow current common practice, and some are just
   right.  For the sake of completeness, this document reviews all NTP
   and NTS registries, and makes updates where necessary.

   This document updates RFC 5905, RFC 5906, RFC 8573, RFC 7822, and RFC
   7821.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ntp-update-registries/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc5906: Network Time Protocol Version 4: Autokey Specification (Informational - Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF))
    rfc7821: UDP Checksum Complement in the Network Time Protocol (NTP) (Experimental - Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF))