Re: Call for comments: Proposals for exploratory IETF meetings

IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org> Mon, 21 September 2020 13:16 UTC

Subject: Re: Call for comments: Proposals for exploratory IETF meetings
From: IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 09:16:35 -0400
To: IETF-Announce <ietf-announce@ietf.org>

The comment period announced below has concluded. Based on the feedback received, there is community consensus to pursue Australia, New Zealand, and Egypt further as potential country venues for future IETF meetings. There were some concerns raised about specific cities and other travel-related matters, but there was no significant opposition to the LLC exploring these countries according to their venue selection process. The LLC will continue with the process according to RFC 8719 and RFC 8718.

Best,
Alissa Cooper
IETF Chair