Subject: Document Action: 'TRILL Transparent Transport over MPLS' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-trill-transport-over-mpls-08.txt)
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: The IESG <[email-masked]>, Susan Hares <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 04:50:13 -0700
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'TRILL Transparent Transport over MPLS'
  (draft-ietf-trill-transport-over-mpls-08.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of
Links Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-transport-over-mpls/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies methods to interconnect multiple Transparent
   Interconnection of Lots of links (TRILL) sites with an intervening
   MPLS network using existing TRILL and VPLS standards. This draft
   addresses two problems as follows:
   1) Providing connection between more than two TRILL sites that are
      separated by an MPLS provider network.
   2) Providing a single logical virtualized TRILL network for different
      tenants that are separated by an MPLS provider network.

Working Group Summary

Vendors in the WG (Huawei, IP Infusion, and others) wanted to have 
this informational draft in order to provide wisdom for customers. 
This draft provides a clear explanation for these customers on how 
to link two campuses via an MPLS provider network. 
TRILL deployments in Europe and Asia (Japan and India) 
originally asked for this type of insight. 

Document Quality

  Excellent reviews from Loa and Andy, from the MPLS perspective, that were resolved.

Personnel

     Document Shepherd: Susan Hares
     Responsible Area Director: Alia Atlas