IAOC seeking input on possible IETF meeting cities

IAOC Chair <iaoc-chair@ietf.org> Mon, 20 June 2016 15:35 UTC

From: IAOC Chair <iaoc-chair@ietf.org>
To: IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce@ietf.org>
Subject: IAOC seeking input on possible IETF meeting cities
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 08:35:08 -0700

The IAOC remains committed to soliciting input on future IETF meeting locations.  While we await updated community guidelines for meeting selection as an outcome of the MTGVENUE discussion, we also need to be able to move forward with meeting planning future years.

With this mail, we are soliciting input on a broad list of potential IETF locations.  Our intention is to identify the most promising sites and aim to keep our meeting planning scoped to those cities for now.

First, we would like to first confirm whether people perceive any reasons we could not have a successful meeting in any of the cities we have visited in the last 3 years, or for which we currently have announced meetings in the coming years (EXCEPT for Singapore).
	. http://www.ietf.org/meeting/past.html (IETF 86 and onward)
	. http://www.ietf.org/meeting/upcoming.html

Please send input to venue-selection@ietf.org.  It will help the review process if the Subject line had the name of the city first, Subject: <city>.

As there are some cities on that list for which we already have contract opportunities, city-specific input would be most helpful if received by June 28, 2016.

Second, we would like feedback on some of the new cities we have had under consideration more generally.  We seek community input on reasons we could not have a successful meeting in any of the following cities, or of any limits to attendee accessibility or inclusiveness that should be considered:

Bangkok
Daejeon
Hong Kong
Macau
Madrid
Sydney

Again, please send input to venue-selection@ietf.org.  It will help the review process if the Subject line had the name of the city first, Subject: <city>.   For these cities, input would be most helpful if received by July 15, 2016.