[ietf-mentors] Newcomers Meet and Greet Tomorrow

Alexa Morris <amorris@amsl.com> Sun, 03 November 2013 01:36 UTC

From: Alexa Morris <amorris@amsl.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2013 18:36:18 -0700
To: 88-1st-timers@ietf.org
Cc: "wgchairs@ietf.org Group" <wgchairs@ietf.org>, ietf-mentors@ietf.org
Subject: [ietf-mentors] Newcomers Meet and Greet Tomorrow

This is a reminder that you are invited to a Meet-and-Greet with WG Chairs and IETF mentors from 1600-1700 tomorrow. Only first-time attendees and WG Chairs, IESG, IAB and IETF mentors are invited to this special reception, which will take place in the Grouse/Seymour/Stanley rooms on the 34th floor of the Hyatt. Beer, wine, soda, and light appetizers will be provided.

The sole purpose of this gathering is to give you some time to mingle with the WG Chairs and IETF mentors, providing a forum for you to get answers to any questions you may have about the IETF.  If you are hoping to speak with a  particular WG Chair, you may want to check out our WG Chair Directory, where you can find photos of many of the IETF WG Chairs: http://www.ietf.org/wg/chair-photos.html

We will have signs for each IETF Area (Applications, Internet, Routing, etc.) on tables throughout the room (one table per area) so that attendees can gather in their area of interest and/or expertise and hopefully find each other more readily.

If you have signed up to participate in our new Mentoring Program, you may be able to meet your mentor there as well. We will have a designated area for mentors and program participants to meet. For more information about the Mentoring Program, please see http://www.ietf.org/resources/mentoring-program.html.

The Meet-and-Greet will end promptly at 5pm.  At that time, you are encouraged to attend the official IETF Welcome Reception.

Regards,

Alexa

Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: amorris@amsl.com

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>