Re: [ietf-outcomes] [OPS-AREA] IETF Outcomes wiki

"Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com> Wed, 10 February 2010 20:07 UTC

Return-Path: <dromasca@avaya.com>
X-Original-To: ietf-outcomes@core3.amsl.com
Delivered-To: ietf-outcomes@core3.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by core3.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 80D083A75B3 for <ietf-outcomes@core3.amsl.com>; Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:07:02 -0800 (PST)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -2.535
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.535 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[AWL=0.064, BAYES_00=-2.599]
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([64.170.98.32]) by localhost (core3.amsl.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id UbafXZ4S15of for <ietf-outcomes@core3.amsl.com>; Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:07:01 -0800 (PST)
Received: from co300216-co-outbound.net.avaya.com (co300216-co-outbound.net.avaya.com [198.152.13.100]) by core3.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 3FC763A75D0 for <ietf-outcomes@ietf.org>; Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:07:01 -0800 (PST)
X-IronPort-AV: E=Sophos;i="4.49,446,1262581200"; d="scan'208";a="204536963"
Received: from unknown (HELO co300216-co-erhwest.avaya.com) ([198.152.7.5]) by co300216-co-outbound.net.avaya.com with ESMTP; 10 Feb 2010 15:08:12 -0500
X-IronPort-AV: E=Sophos;i="4.49,446,1262581200"; d="scan'208";a="444423625"
Received: from unknown (HELO 307622ANEX5.global.avaya.com) ([135.64.140.11]) by co300216-co-erhwest-out.avaya.com with ESMTP; 10 Feb 2010 15:08:11 -0500
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.5
Content-class: urn:content-classes:message
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 21:07:43 +0100
Message-ID: <EDC652A26FB23C4EB6384A4584434A0401F0E2B4@307622ANEX5.global.avaya.com>
In-Reply-To: <4B7310B0.7000807@dcrocker.net>
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
Thread-Topic: [ietf-outcomes] [OPS-AREA] IETF Outcomes wiki
Thread-Index: AcqqjBf2qaaO2YGAQlqdpMhi4E+JKwAACtqg
References: <EDC652A26FB23C4EB6384A4584434A0401F0D8DA@307622ANEX5.global.avaya.com> <048101caa80f$db2ee5a0$0600a8c0@china.huawei.com> <E25EFA3754F74B2AB6D11BBA3685FD70@BertLaptop> <4B70F71B.7080804@bogus.com> <BLU137-DS5E874A567D6039C93F14793500@phx.gbl><064301caa99f$fb5f6e30$0600a8c0@china.huawei.com><4B718B7B.6000401@dcrocker.net><067401caa9b6$813ab210$0600a8c0@china.huawei.com><EDC652A26FB23C4EB6384A4584434A0401F0E0A1@307622ANEX5.global.avaya.com> <4B7310B0.7000807@dcrocker.net>
From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>
To: <dcrocker@bbiw.net>, <ietf-outcomes@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [ietf-outcomes] [OPS-AREA] IETF Outcomes wiki
X-BeenThere: ietf-outcomes@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.9
Precedence: list
List-Id: IETF Outcomes Wiki discussion list <ietf-outcomes.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-outcomes>, <mailto:ietf-outcomes-request@ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-outcomes>
List-Post: <mailto:ietf-outcomes@ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:ietf-outcomes-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-outcomes>, <mailto:ietf-outcomes-request@ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 20:07:02 -0000

In line. 

Regards,

Dan
 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ietf-outcomes-bounces@ietf.org 
> [mailto:ietf-outcomes-bounces@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Dave CROCKER
> Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 10:02 PM
> To: ietf-outcomes@ietf.org
> Subject: Re: [ietf-outcomes] [OPS-AREA] IETF Outcomes wiki
> 
> 
> 
> On 2/10/2010 2:45 AM, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
> > 'The wiki is only as complete and accurate as community 
> effort makes it.'
> >
> > It would probably be good to add a phrase that makes clear that the 
> > information contained here does not represent the consensus 
> of the IETF.
> 
> 
> I'll offer a friendly amendment, in the hopes of achieving 
> some... ummm... 
> consensus...
> 
> 
> Outcomes home page
> ------------------
> 
> Currently:
> > The IETF has operated in its current form since 1989. Some of its 
> > standards have succeeded on a very large and visible scale. 
> Others are 
> > successful, but visible only to a more limited community. 
> Others have 
> > fared poorly. This wiki lists technologies and services that were 
> > developed in the IETF and represent notable successes or 
> failures. It 
> > is a collaborative effort of IETF participants, to provide 
> feedback to 
> > the community about the utility of IETF efforts, as well as to 
> > facilitate public understanding of IETF work and impact.
> 
> 
> Proposed revision:
> 
> The IETF has operated in its current form since 1989. Some of 
> its standards have succeeded on a very large and visible 
> scale. Others are successful, but visible only to a more 
> limited community. Others have fared poorly. This wiki lists 
> technologies and services that were developed in the IETF and 
> represent notable successes or failures. It is an informal, 
> collaborative effort of IETF participants, to provide 
> feedback to the community about the utility of IETF efforts, 
> as well as to facilitate public understanding of IETF work and impact.
> The contents of the are revised according to the views of 
> individual contributors and have not been subject to IETF 
> Rough Consensus assessment.

Looks OK but the phrase is missing something, maybe the word 'wiki'
between 'the' and 'are'. 

> 
> 
> 
> Charter page
> ------------
> 
> Currently:
> 
> > The IETF produces technical specifications, with the goal of their 
> > being used on the Internet. Once a specification is 
> published, there 
> > is no formal mechanism for assessing the eventual utility 
> of the work. 
> > However feedback about successes or problems can be useful in 
> > developing a shared community sense of the way work is -- 
> or should be 
> > -- done. The IETF Outcomes Wiki is a collaborative effort 
> to produce 
> > subjective assessments about successes and failures of 
> notable efforts, based on rough consensus.
> 
> 
> Proposed revision:
> 
> The IETF produces technical specifications, with the goal of 
> their being used on the Internet. Once a specification is 
> published, there is no formal mechanism for assessing the 
> eventual utility of the work. However feedback about 
> successes or problems can be useful in developing a shared 
> community sense of the way work is -- or should be -- done. 
> The IETF Outcomes Wiki is an informal, collaborative, 
> incremental effort among individual IETF participants, to 
> produce subjective assessments about successes and failures 
> of notable efforts.  Although tending to reflect a degree of 
> community agreement, the contents of the wiki are not subject 
> to formal IETF Rough Consensus assessment.

This looks OK to me. 

> 
> -- 
> 
>    Dave Crocker
>    Brandenburg InternetWorking
>    bbiw.net
> _______________________________________________
> ietf-outcomes mailing list
> ietf-outcomes@ietf.org
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-outcomes
>