Sailing in Marina del Rey

Michelle Cotton <michelle.cotton@icann.org> Tue, 16 March 2010 15:57 UTC

From: Michelle Cotton <michelle.cotton@icann.org>
To: "ietf-sailors@ietf.org" <ietf-sailors@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 08:57:40 -0700
Subject: Sailing in Marina del Rey
acceptlanguage: en-US

Hello!

Here is some more information for Saturday March 27th.

The plan would be to sail out of Marina del Rey around noon/1:00.  We can pick up lunch locally and bring it on the boat or eat just before.  There are many places in the marina area to grab food like Subway, Ralph's market's deli, Rainbow Acres...These are within walking distance from where we would board the boat.

If you are bringing luggage with you we can store it in my vehicle while we sail.  How long we sail depends on the wind, but we could be out there for a good 4 hours.

The boat is a Catalina 34, named "Wind Schiffs".  It is our family boat (not a race boat - sorry!).  We usually sail up the coast to Malibu or south to Redondo Beach.  It should be a casual, fun and relaxing day to get all the stress out from the IETF meeting.

So far I have the following RSVP'ing for the Marina del Rey sail:

Dean Willis (+1 possible)
Daniel Migault
Lars Eggert
Andrei Gurtov
Magnus Westerlund

Please let me know what your travel arrangements are...for example are you going to be going to LAX that evening?  Do you need to go back to the Anaheim hotel?
If you are flying out of LAX the next day perhaps it would be more economical to stay in the area.  I'll try to work with you on transportation...

I have a mini van that would comfortably seat 5 passengers + myself.  I can take folks from the hotel to the marina.

Let me know what questions you have and I'll try to get you answers ASAP.

Thanks!

Michelle