Re: [ietf-smtp] Curious, with this now being associated to emailcore, should list name change?

John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com> Sat, 18 July 2020 19:15 UTC

Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 15:15:38 -0400
From: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
To: E Sam <winshell64@gmail.com>
cc: ietf-smtp@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [ietf-smtp] Curious, with this now being associated to emailcore, should list name change?

You may want to have a look at the draft agenda, now posted at
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/108/agenda/agenda-108-emailcore-00,
and noting that the example topics for rfc5321bis are references
to Appendix G of draft-klensin-rfc5321bis-03 (the agenda sort of
says that, but, IMO, it is easy to miss).  It is vaguely
possible that a new version of the I-D will be posted before the
BOF meets, but it is thoroughly unlikely that Appendix
names/numbers will change.

Alexey or Seth may be able to add to that, especially if you
have specific questions.

Beyond the agenda, "emailcore" seems to be a title or framework
for a lot of different ideas that may not have focused or
converged yet.  The purpose of a BOF is to move that process
along.

best,
  john

--On Saturday, July 18, 2020 14:55 -0400 E Sam