[ietf-smtp] [UPDATE] BC Government Latest Joint Statement on COVID-19

Michael Peddemors <michael@linuxmagic.com> Mon, 09 March 2020 22:23 UTC

To: ietf-smtp@ietf.org
From: Michael Peddemors <michael@linuxmagic.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 15:22:57 -0700
Subject: [ietf-smtp] [UPDATE] BC Government Latest Joint Statement on COVID-19

Just thought I would post this, in case it has any impact..

https://archive.news.gov.bc.ca/releases/news_releases_2017-2021/2020HLTH0068-000423.pdf

͞There has been a notable transmission of COVID-19 at group events
ʹlarge and small. As a result, we recommend social distancing, forgoing
usual greetings, consideration for virtual gatherings and, most
importantly, staying away if you are experiencing any illness.

͞Event organizers should ask all participants to stay away if they are
sick, returning from affected areas or have underlying health conditions
that may be impacted by respiratory illness. Organizers should also
complete a risk assessment considering what is happening in the
local community and who may attend the event. Guidance is available from
the World Health Organization and the BC Centre for Disease Control, and
local public health teams can assist with this assessment.

While there are still only 32 confirmed cases in BC, if there are those
who might have underlying health conditions, it is something to be aware
of.. And though I personally think we are not at any 'panic' levels for
concern here in BC, eg no one is canceling any large events like hockey
or Rugby 7's, it is always prudent to minimize transmission vectors.

Do we have any idea of the most recent attendance counts?

--
"Catch the Magic of Linux..."