Re: Agenda experiment for IETF 103 in November in Bangkok

Jared Mauch <jared@puck.nether.net> Sun, 13 May 2018 16:20 UTC

Subject: Re: Agenda experiment for IETF 103 in November in Bangkok
From: Jared Mauch <jared@puck.nether.net>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 12:20:04 -0400
Cc: IETF Chair <chair@ietf.org>, ietf <ietf@ietf.org>
To: Linda Dunbar <linda.dunbar@huawei.com>

I appreciate trying to keep the agenda in check. When trying to balance family life and IETF activities plus natural airline schedules it’s often hard to stay on Fridays. Often when we are in Europe the last flights to the US are at times that don’t allow attendance unless one stays until Saturday. Removing this risk will make it more productive in the 4 days.

Trying to make IEPG through Friday noon sessions often leaves no time to catch a flight or arrive just in time.

I would be supportive of adjusting this based on common departure times in the region, such as Asia there are afternoon flights to reach common destinations. Europe there are not. If we try to balance this with 50% of the population that likely helps.

Jared Mauch