Re: Protocol Action: 'Updating References to the IETF FTP Service' to Proposed Standard (draft-danyliw-replace-ftp-pointers-06.txt)

John C Klensin <klensin@jck.com> Fri, 22 October 2021 21:14 UTC

Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2021 17:13:59 -0400
From: John C Klensin <klensin@jck.com>
To: The IESG <iesg-secretary@ietf.org>
cc: draft-danyliw-replace-ftp-pointers@ietf.org, The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org, ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Protocol Action: 'Updating References to the IETF FTP Service' to Proposed Standard (draft-danyliw-replace-ftp-pointers-06.txt)

IESG,

My apologies for not noticing this until now -- I was
concentrating on the content of the document, which seemed fine,
so failed to notice.

So a quick question: What is the justification for classifying
this as a Proposed Standard?    The I-D does not change the FTP
specification or the underlying technical content of any other
document.  Nothing in it appears to be either a Technical
Specification or an Applicability Statement as defined in RFC
2026.  It is strictly about IETF procedures and updating