Re: WG Review: Stay Home Meet Only Online (shmoo)

Mirja Kuehlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net> Wed, 08 July 2020 10:24 UTC

Subject: Re: WG Review: Stay Home Meet Only Online (shmoo)
From: Mirja Kuehlewind <ietf@kuehlewind.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2020 12:23:45 +0200
Cc: IESG <iesg@ietf.org>, IETF <ietf@ietf.org>, IAB <iab@iab.org>
To: S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@elandsys.com>

Hi,

On this point:

> One of reasons for not to tackling a topic is if there isn't any expertise in the IETF to work on that.  It is the responsibility of the Internet Architecture Board (IAB) to provide advice on that and it is up to the Internet Engineering Steering Group (IESG) to give its approval for the work to proceed.  The latest IAB minutes, which are dated May 27, does not show any review of the proposed charter.  Will the IAB review the proposed charter before it is approved by the IESG?

IAB members can review proposed charters during community review process but there is no formal step for the IAB to review all proposed charters. I'm not sure why you may think this is especially needed in this case given meeting planning lies in responsibility of the IESG (or LCC with respect to financial and contractual aspects)…?

Mirja