Cindy Morgan <cmorgan@amsl.com> Thu, 11 February 2016 22:32 UTC

From: Cindy Morgan <cmorgan@amsl.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 14:31:58 -0800
To: Doug Royer <douglasroyer@gmail.com>
Cc: Internet Architecture Board <iab@iab.org>, ietf@ietf.org

Hi Doug,

Your message to the IAB list was initially put into moderation, but it was sent to the IAB list.  In this case, there was about a 20 minute delay between you sending the message, and me releasing it from moderation.

The practice on the IAB list is that messages from people who haven't sent to that list before are moderated at first (to reduce spam), but are then added to the whitelist when the message is released from moderation.

Your request to subscribe to the IAB list was rejected, because the membership of that list is restricted to the IAB. I apologize if the rejection message from Mailman made that more confusing than it needed to be.

That said, anyone can send messages to the IAB list (though their initial message to the list will have to wait for moderation).

Best regards,
Cindy

Cindy Morgan / IAB Executive Administrative Manager
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117 / Fremont CA 94538
T: +1.510.492.4085 / F: +1.510.492.4001 / https://www.iab.org
Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS);
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
Website: http://www.amsl.com