Review of draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-09

Joel Halpern <jmh@joelhalpern.com> Tue, 24 January 2017 18:13 UTC

From: Joel Halpern <jmh@joelhalpern.com>
To: gen-art@ietf.org
Subject: Review of draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-09
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 10:13:19 -0800
Cc: ietf@ietf.org, draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq.all@ietf.org, oauth@ietf.org

Reviewer: Joel Halpern
Review result: Not Ready

by the IESG for the IETF Chair. Please wait for direction from your
document shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-??
Reviewer: Joel Halpern
Review Date: 2017-01-24
IETF LC End Date: None
IESG Telechat date: 2017-02-02

track RFC.

[Reviewers note:  It is quite possible that the problem listed below
is my error.  In that case, this should be considered as ready with
minor issues.]

Major issues:
    I can not find any record of an IETF last call for this document.
I looked in the document history and the IETF discussion list.  If I
missed it, I apologize for being oblivious.

Minor issues:
    Why is the example if section 4 (and others later on) described as
"non-normative"?  Is it incomplete?  incorrect?  An example is, by
definition, not a full specification.  The language seems designed to
reduce the value of the example.  I would recommend removing all the
"non-normative" notes from the examples.  They are clearly stated to
be examples.

Nits/editorial comments: