RE: Further update on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and IETF 107 Vancouver

"Roni Even (A)" <roni.even@huawei.com> Thu, 27 February 2020 07:33 UTC

From: "Roni Even (A)" <roni.even@huawei.com>
To: Ron Bonica <rbonica=40juniper.net@dmarc.ietf.org>, Joseph Potvin <jpotvin@xalgorithms.org>, "EXT-Andrew.Alston@liquidtelecom.com" <Andrew.Alston@liquidtelecom.com>, IETF Announcement List <ietf-announce@ietf.org>, IETF Rinse Repeat <ietf@ietf.org>
CC: Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@hallambaker.com>
Subject: RE: Further update on COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and IETF 107 Vancouver
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 07:33:32 +0000
References: <158258721017.24319.9082233711977122647.idtracker@ietfa.amsl.com> <CAAObRXJ=NnrxLAGgtas8Cs_jw-AJ0YsgYpMmYtrHy+PjKsfqvg@mail.gmail.com> <CAMm+Lwh17iOi_8qZ7at8gHQ6R38YwVuUZ8O1cpsJU7MKh+nMmA@mail.gmail.com> <DBBPR03MB5415B842B32E90BF91D0C361EEEA0@DBBPR03MB5415.eurprd03.prod.outlook.com> <CAAuWHCKRhe-ct2tP5TqBaCn_fSTBoFSkrppTKOyhoP_xW6Ydag@mail.gmail.com> <DM6PR05MB634809ED4CD6D49036B47A25AEEA0@DM6PR05MB6348.namprd05.prod.outlook.com>
x-originating-ip: [10.200.202.72]

Hi,
I participated in tsvwg virtual meeting last week that had about 30 participants using IETF webex. If this is a demonstration of holding a virtual meeting in my view we are not ready. I kept losing the audio of the meeting and I was not alone, others complained in the chat window. The suggestion  was to use a PSTN connection to the meeting and not the IP one. This mean that I will have to pay for international call since there was no local free call in number.  Note that it was an audio only plus data, no video.

Roni Even