Subject: Re: archives (was The other parts of the report....
From: [email-masked] (scott bradner)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 08:25:12 -0400 (EDT)
List-Id: IETF-Discussion <ietf.ietf.org>

Something was pointed out to me in private mail that I should have 
remembered but did not.

Since Aug 1998 the IETF proceedings have included the then-current 
Internet drafts (except for one meeting which seems to be missing).

As I recall, this was started when the secretariat started offering CDs 
of the proceedings and there was extra space on the CDs. It was 
decided to include the IDs since the space was there to do so. 
(My memory is that Steve Coya suggested this to the IESG and the 
IESG thought it was a good idea.)

Anyway - that means that most IDs since mid 1998 are already posted on
the IETF web site, they are just not posted in an easy to use way.

see

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98aug/I-D/
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98dec/I-D/ 
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/99mar/I-D/ 
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/99jul/I-D/
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/99nov/I-D/
00mar - missing
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/00jul/I-D/
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/00dec/I-D/
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/01mar/I-D/
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/01aug/I-D/
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/01dec/I-D/
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/02mar/I-D/
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/02nov/I-D/
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/03mar/I-D/
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/03jul/I-D/
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/03nov/I-D/
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/04mar/I-D/

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf