Re: Rivest's S-Expressions I-D no longer found

John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com> Sun, 21 May 2023 16:31 UTC

Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 12:31:03 -0400
From: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
To: Marc Petit-Huguenin <marc@petit-huguenin.org>, IETF Discussion List <ietf@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: Rivest's S-Expressions I-D no longer found

Marc,

IANAL, but I would assume that publication as in Informational
RFC, with all of the IPR issues and permissions that go with it,
would require explicit permission from Rivest and/or MIT.  It
might be far easier for you to reach out to him, point out that
it has disappeared, and request/suggest a more stable location
and URL for this important paper.  MIT is certainly able to do
that, usually honors requests from Institute Professors unless
there is strong reason not to, and the work required would be a
note from you to him and a note from him to the powers-that-be,
not the rather tedious process required to get an Informational
RFC organized and published.

   john

--On Sunday, May 21, 2023 06:28 -0700 Marc Petit-Huguenin