submitting an ID

Edward Lewis <Ed.Lewis@neustar.biz> Tue, 23 January 2007 14:39 UTC

Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:39:14 -0500
To: ietf@ietf.org
From: Edward Lewis <Ed.Lewis@neustar.biz>
Cc: ed.lewis@neustar.biz
Subject: submitting an ID

I have a question on section 3 of http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt

There is this passage:

    "Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (YYYY).

    This document is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions
    contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth therein, the authors
    retain all their rights."

    "This document and the information contained herein are provided on
    an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE
    REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE
    IETF TRUST AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL
    WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY
    WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY
    RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A
    PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

Should this be quoted like this:

    "Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (YYYY).

    "This document is subject to the rights, licenses and restrictions
    contained in BCP 78, and except as set forth therein, the authors
    retain all their rights.

    "This document and the information contained herein are provided on
    an "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE
    REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE
    IETF TRUST AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL
    WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY
    WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY
    RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A
    PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

When I was in school, I was taught to quote multiple paragraphs with
quotes at the start of each and a closing quote only at the end of
the final paragraph.

Similar "errors" appear in section 5 of the document.  Or so I think.