RE: Meeting locations (was IETF 62)

"Robin Uyeshiro" <uyeshiro@ifa.hawaii.edu> Mon, 20 September 2004 21:28 UTC

From: Robin Uyeshiro <uyeshiro@ifa.hawaii.edu>
To: 'John C Klensin' <john-ietf@jck.com>, 'Lars Eggert' <lars.eggert@netlab.nec.de>, 'Sam Hartman' <hartmans@mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 09:57:21 -1000
Cc: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: RE: Meeting locations (was IETF 62)
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

Would the IEEE 802 Plenaries have comparable geographical/logistical
requirements to IETF meetings?  Their next few plenaries are scheduled
in San Antonio, Atlanta, San Francisco, Vancouver, New Orleans, San
Diego, and Dallas.  All but one are in the US, and all are in North
America.

I attended one plenary at Hilton Head, and talked to people about
another held on Maui, both resort areas.  This was before the crash,
though, so perhaps money is tighter now.

I'm not advocating doing the same thing; just thought another data point
might be helpful.

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/meeting/future_meetings.html

-- Robin Uyeshiro
P.S. Honolulu has a new convention center.