Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es> Sat, 21 May 2016 22:12 UTC

Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 00:12:11 +0200
Subject: Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input
From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet@consulintel.es>
To: ietf@ietf.org
References: <20160517181436.24852.58610.idtracker@ietfa.amsl.com> <3945cc1f-3e99-0fcb-e983-ed2e46fa871c@nostrum.com> <CA+9kkMAWFQDrT6WqTGz=6LcDiBkg+iuLEuSzeSqfZA4-J-tvZg@mail.gmail.com> <C5B9F952-FEFC-4B73-9AC6-E050F59A74CB@consulintel.es> <5740A90E.2030200@gmail.com> <34CC7DDE-3341-4BF8-8238-B32176EDC72A@consulintel.es> <55BAE36899C13FA1D0565FAF@JcK-HP8200.jck.com> <2ceffd31-c78f-f6f7-116e-85498b4413f1@gmail.com> <2768F29AB5526E6C2A19CE3D@JcK-HP8200.jck.com>

I don’t agree it makes a difference if it is a stare-rule of and environmental thing, also because as we need to contract the venue 2-3 years in advance, both situations can change in that period of time.

And following your examples, we may need then to have in the selection criteria something like “if this or that impacts more than 5% (just an example) possible attendees”, the venue is not acceptable, and ALWAYS this rule can be READ as somehow against diversity, morality, etc. So in my opinion as much as we advance in this debate, more I believe that the only criteria is “can participants do the work as safely as compared with other venues ?”

Saludos,
Jordi