Re: Update on IETF 103 visa information

Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de> Fri, 14 September 2018 11:51 UTC

Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2018 13:51:11 +0200
From: Toerless Eckert <tte@cs.fau.de>
To: Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>
Cc: IETF discussion list <ietf@ietf.org>, 103all@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Update on IETF 103 visa information

Haha. You just had to prove that this thread can continue to produce
entertaining insights, did you ?

The german wiki for smallpox does actually say that some countries
did require you to show your vacination scar at immigrations...
during the time of worldwide mandatory vaccination, aka: before i think
1979, so we may be a bit late with IETF103.

I am more afraid someone in the thai government reads the IETF Tao
web page, or some attendee wears the t-shirt on travel day.  Has any conference
ever been de-listed from the MICE web page for being subversive ?

We may need a globally acceptable revised print of the t-shirt
and the IETF Tao web page. I would suggest:

We reject: kings (*), presidents (*) and voting (*).
We believe (*) in rough consensus (*)  and running code (*).

(*) Not applicable where not permitted by law. Attendees are always
expected to comply with all local regulations. No warranty of benefits
implied. Surcharges may apply. Have a nice day. You are welcome.

--
---
tte@cs.fau.de