And, request for feedback on US-based meetings Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

"Leslie Daigle" <ldaigle@thinkingcat.com> Mon, 03 April 2017 19:13 UTC

From: Leslie Daigle <ldaigle@thinkingcat.com>
To: Ross Finlayson <finlayson@live555.com>
Cc: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>, IETF <ietf@ietf.org>
Subject: And, request for feedback on US-based meetings Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 15:13:47 -0400

Yes, the OP (that would be me) realized 48h too late that it would have
been awesome to have set the reply-to to the venue-selection address.
Sigh.

I also should have noted in the message that venue-selection is for
dropping off input for review by meeting planners (though the archive is
publicly visible).  The list settings are selected to discourage
discussion threads.  To the extent people need to debate the challenges
and realities of crossing borders (e.g., the UK-has-required-decryption
thread), the IETF discuss list is the better place for it.

And, as Spencer noted, the IAOC has asked for more structured input on
the specific questions related to IETF 102 — in a structured form to
1/ give people the option of reasonable anonymity and 2/ give the IAOC
some possibility of being able to digest the input from a lot of

See original message, below.