Re: Changes to the way we manage RFPs

Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org> Wed, 26 February 2020 05:22 UTC

From: Jay Daley <jay@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: Changes to the way we manage RFPs
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 18:22:39 +1300
Cc: IETF Executive Director <exec-director@ietf.org>, ietf@ietf.org
To: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com>

Brian

(sent from my

> On 26/02/2020, at 4:56 PM, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jay,
>
> I fully understand the arguments for this change. However, I think it would be good to continue to send a *summary* of the CFP messages to ietf-announce, for community awareness. Ditto for the "Award of contract" messages.

Those are two of the three types of RFP message sent to IETF-announce and coincidentally two of the three types planned for rfp-announce (the third one being “Here’s the Q&A for this RFP”).  In other words, I don’t want rfp-announce to grow on volume.

It would useful for me to understand why subscribing to rfp-announce is not an option?  In the context of the IETF’s high usage of mailing lists, this seems like a particularly low barrier to entry.

Jay

--
Jay Daley
IETF Executive Director