Re: 2606bis (was: .local)

"JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@jefsey.com> Wed, 19 October 2005 14:15 UTC

Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:10:44 +0200
To: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>, Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
From: "JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@jefsey.com>
Cc: ietf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: 2606bis (was: .local)
Sender: ietf-bounces@ietf.org

John, Frank,
this draft is dead-ended. But it can seriously hurt the Internet.
I questioned Donald about it, obtaining an incomplete response, about
the 01.txt version having to take obtained responses in consideration.

The management of the IANA name/number issues are out of the IETF
reponsibility (RFC 2860, not quoted by Donald's Draft). This issue is
extermely sensible a few weeks from the Tunis meeting. If it is a
temptative of an individual to interfere in the Internet Governance
debate through a confusion over the Government sovereignty, it would
be a serious mistake.

I suggest we either drop this issue, or we definitly rename ourself
UNTF and be embarked in another IETF DoS. I find there are too many
of them nowadays, all related to the IANA.
jfc