Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input

Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca> Mon, 23 May 2016 17:05 UTC

Subject: Re: [Recentattendees] IETF 100, Singapore -- proposed path forward and request for input
From: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 10:05:27 -0700
To: iaoc@ietf.org, "ietf@ietf.org" <ietf@ietf.org>

+1

There becomes a time where things that may have been acceptable 100 years ago are something I am not willing to support. The expression “because it’s 2016” comes to mind. Ultimately the choice of venue location is up to the IETF community - yes - to execute the selection of a hotel it has to be delegated via multiple levels - but in the end, the community needs to be OK with the choice. Are they ? I’m not a fan of the current choice for IETF 100.

And let me add … there have been many cases where the I* members and other participants, both men and women, needed to be able to bring family members for them to be able to participate.